LCS Athletic Mission Statement | You were bought with a price. Therefore honor Christ with your body.
(1 Corinthians 6:20)
Lighthouse athletes fulfill the Athletic Mission Statement in the following three ways:
- We honor Christ by taking care of our bodies out of respect for what He has created.
- We honor Christ through the development of our God given physical talents for His good.
- We honor Christ through the way we compete and demonstrate sportsmanship.
Sports Season Details
The Lighthouse athletics programs compete in the Chinook League, which is affiliated with and sanctioned by the WIAA (Washington Interscholastic Activities Association). The league is made up of the following schools: Lighthouse, Carbonado, Rainier Christian School, Heritage Christian School, Chief Leschi, Sound Christian, Muckleshoot, and Pacific Christian. During the 2022-2023 season, we may play against three additional schools. Being affiliated with the Chinook League allows us to offer multiple athletics programs across four different seasons, including:
- Fall (September – October) | Girls Volleyball, Co-ed Soccer, Cross Country
- Winter (November – December) | Boys Basketball
- Winter II (January – March) | Girls Basketball
- Spring (April – May) | Track and Field
- Practices: Practices are usually held 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Practice end times may vary based on the sport and coaches’ schedules, but players can always plan to start practice right after school.
- Games: Seasons include 5 home games and 5 away games with start times of 3:30 p.m. and/or 4:30 p.m. Games are played Monday – Friday. We do not play games on weekends.
- JV and Varsity: Most programs will plan to carry Varsity and JV teams, as we do not cut athletes who want to play. We support and encourage participation by all students interested in playing. Co-ed soccer (also a no-cut sport) is the one program with only one team, due to all schools in our conference only carrying one team.
253-858-5962, ext. 605
Basketball – Middle School Boys
Head Coach: Now Hiring!
Assistant Coach: Cody Williams
Basketball – Middle School Girls
Head Coach: Michael Johnson
Assistant Coach: Christie Heany
Head Coach: Christy Flynn
Head Coach: Susan Larson
Assistant Coach: Teryl Isenberg
Assistant Coach: Megan Grimm
Assistant Coach: Maddie Potter
Manager: Katie Whyland
Head Coach: Marco Toctaquiza
Track & Field
Head Coach: Maddie Potter
Head Coach: Kristen Borquist
Assistant Coach: Now Hiring!